Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Little Bit of a "Squeak" in My Step


As promised, I finally have a picture of my brace!  I would call it “shiny,” but after only one practice with it, I chipped the paint from knocking it on the bar a few times. 

The team traveled to Arizona State on Thursday for our opening season meet.  Thinking my brace was going to come on Thursday, I asked our volunteer assistant coach if we could have practice.  The sooner I can do the things that require the brace, the sooner I can do a full routine… and the sooner I can compete!  Our trainer requested practice in the morning on Thursday, so bright and early, Kailyn and I awoke to go workout… by ourselves.  We love bars! Oh, and the poor student athletic trainer who showed up EARLY, and had to watch just the two of us.  (We are VERY grateful.) By noon, we were done with practice and rehab, so it really wasn’t too bad.  However, because practice was so early, I didn’t have my brace yet. Which kind of defeated the whole purpose of having the extra practice.  Oh well.

The next day, I got fitted for my brace during rehab in the morning!  Then got to try some bars at practice.  The brace makes my knee feel so much better, but we’ll see how dismounts at the end of the routine feels.  Oh and this time at practice, we had (at one point) three student athletic trainers, and a head ATC.  Impressive, especially considering Kailyn was being forced to take a day off.  There was no way I was going to get hurt!

Over the weekend I’ve been wearing my brace around the apartment, just to get used to it.  Missy said that she wants me to wear it so much that I feel naked without it.  However I have noticed that there’s a little bit of a squeak in my brace when I walk in it.  Nothing a little WD-40 can’t fix, right?  Squeak or no squeak.  I’m excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment