Friday, June 1, 2012

Last Week and a Half


It’s winding down.  That time of the year.  I am so excited to be going home.  I had breakfast with my old roommate this morning, and we just started talking about going home.  It never really occurred to her how different  California is from North Carolina.  There is a little bit of a culture shock from coast to coast.  People act differently, food tastes differently—but it’s not like I’ve decided that I like one more than the other.  I go back and forth.  One thing I will admit is that I underestimated how far away I actually am.  Traveling back and forth can be exhausting.  Actually, even trying to get in touch with friends or my parents can be exhausting.  But it’s all what I signed up for.  And regardless, I get to go home in two weeks.

In the meantime, this next week especially is going to be extremely difficult.  I’m not going to lie, I’m a little bit afraid.  My final projects are scaring me, and the only two classes that I have real finals in, are the two classes that I am most concerned about.  If you think of it, say a little prayer for me over this next week and a half.  Pray that I can get through this, focused and strong.  And pray that I survive without stressing too much or pulling any hair out.

And unless something extremely eventful happens, I’ll post again on the other side of this massive tornado of schoolwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment